This is for tech support.

scooter
From phpBB.com
From phpBB.com
Mood:

Getting Google address removed

Post by scooter »

Hey, folks, LTNS...

Have a situation. I've bought an old Samsung Galaxy S8. The idea is to run Samsung DeX. Problem is, the old owner wiped the phone, but that still leaves the old Google account on there; it's an anti-theft thing that Samsung has on their phones. I need the password to open it up and reprogram it as needed.

Contacted the old owner to get the password, but what they sent was blocked by Mercari (the eBay-like service which I bought the phone through). I tried to send them an email address - also blocked. I have no other way to contact them.

Sent to Mercari, but it's too late to reverse the sale.

Got iMyPhone Lockwiper for Win 10 - did not work.

Went to various phone repair outlets at the local mall - it was like describing the situation to my cat.

Bottom line: I need to bust into this phone. Any suggestions?

SCOOTER

...has left the building!

Broadcastre
Owner
Owner
Loading…

Re: Getting Google address removed

Post by Broadcastre »

We often get issues like this in a particular Discord server I'm in. Basically as far as I know there's not really any fix that isn't in a legal gray area.

scooter
From phpBB.com
From phpBB.com
Mood:

Post by scooter »

Broadcastre wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:33 am

We often get issues like this in a particular Discord server I'm in. Basically as far as I know there's not really any fix that isn't in a legal gray area.

At this point, I'm fine with the legally gray area. After all, all jailbreaking and rooting is.

Let me know if you need use encrypted email.

SCOOTER

scooter
From phpBB.com
From phpBB.com
Mood:

Post by scooter »

Also, come back by Atlantic if you want. We're getting more users posting now. I have a feeling this is turning a corner.

SCOOTER

Broadcastre
Owner
Owner
Loading…

Post by Broadcastre »

Yeah I saw Naiwen has 120 posts and they've only been in there for less than a month :?

Also by the way the server deals with iOS devices, I don't actually have any idea on how to do it on an Android, but I do know it's possible. Sorry bout that.

scooter
From phpBB.com
From phpBB.com
Mood:

Post by scooter »

Yeah, Naiwen is something of a funny case. She's posting about stuff like how she slept and what she had for lunch; not much actual interaction with people. I'm not too concerned or anything, but am looking to create community, you know?

Okay, I am going to throw this fucking phone under a hammer or something and go back to the drawing board. There is nothing further I can do.

It's ridiculous, because the thing works. What's keeping me from using it is politics and policy, not actual technical matters. These corporate creeps need to be beaten with sticks. :evil:

Somewhere along the line I want to set up an antenna in some disused bit of spectrum, like 2G, and run a local private network with some of these disused phones. That would be cool... :mrgreen:

SCOOTER